Interested In Working For Blue Moon Acres?
Pennington, NJ location:Blue Moon Acres is seeking a full-time farm worker at our Pennington, NJ farm.
This position offers experience with small scale, diversified, organic farming and the opportunity to develop skills in greenhouse production, season extension, pest and weed management, planting, and harvesting. We are seeking positive-thinking, hardworking, eager to learn applicants who can work at a fast pace. We start the season in growing baby head lettuces and move into full field production in May. A typical day on the farm includes harvesting, washing, packing, and ensuring top quality product for our restaurant and gourmet food store customers.
- Most important is an ability to commit to a full season on the farm starting immediately and through Thanksgiving
- Starting wage: $13.34/hr. with ability to earn raises commensurate with performance
- Hours: 5 day workweek averaging 40-50 hrs./wk. depending on workload
- There is the ability to take home some farm produce in line with ample production levels
- For employees that show potential for year-round work on our farms, we offer benefits such as healthcare, simple IRA, vacation pay and sick days.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- harvesting and packing of veg crops to assure a quality end product
- seeding and planting transplants
- washing and packing baby leaf salad greens
- packing and checking customer orders for accuracy
- high tunnel work and possible greenhouse work
- capable employees will be trained on operating farm equipment
We are seeking dedicated, self-motivated individuals with an interest in organic food production. Must be tolerant of working in all weather conditions, punctual, able to work well with others and be open to learning new farming methods. Must be able to work physically, at a fast pace and able to lift #50. Must possess a strong work ethic and attention to efficiency.
Buckingham, PA and Pennington, NJ locations: Blue Moon Acres is seeking to fill a full-time Maintenance Worker position at our family- run Buckingham, PA and Pennington, NJ farms.
This mechanical maintenance position will service the needs of our two farms in Buckingham, PA and Pennington, NJ.
- Maintain and repair on-farm equipment including but not limited to small motors, pumps, fans, power transmission devices (chains, sprockets, belts and pulleys), boiler, greenhouse heaters, hydraulics, and conveyor systems.
- Extensive knowledge of tools
- Respond effectively to all emergencies
- Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule with equipment and delivery trucks
- Welding experience preferred
- Grounds maintenance – snow removal, painting, etc.
- General plumbing and electrical knowledge
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe shop area
- Document work performed on a weekly basis
- Forklift experience
- Basic computer skills
Must live within 30 minutes of Buckingham, PA or Pennington, NJ. Must be friendly, personable, and able to work in a team setting, possess good attention to detail, multi-task and follow instruction.
– Must have valid driver’s license with clean record
– Minimum of three years’ work experience in mechanical duties
– Able to lift and move upwards of 75-100 lbs.
– Comfortable with climbing and working on ladders
– Impeccable attendance record
Benefits and Compensation:
- Pay is commensurate with skill level and experience. Please respond with resume for consideration.
- Blue Moon offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, employer contribution to a simple IRA account, paid time off, and free produce.