Interested In Working For Blue Moon Acres?
Pennington, NJ location: Blue Moon Acres is currently seeking a to fill a full-time sales representative position at our family- run Pennington, NJ Farm.
- Building and maintaining understanding of food industry trends
- Mastering product, growing process, and company history knowledge
- Identifying and pursuing new customers and new sales opportunities
- Developing a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face outreach, email, and networking
- Cold-calling customers to set up meetings
- Travel within, but not limited to, the tri-state area – Greatest focus on New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC
- Speaking to customers about Blue Moon Acres farm, mission, and products
- Understanding and responding to customer needs
- Growing sales by gaining new customers
- Regular follow up on leads and visits
- Maintaining customer accounts by filling orders regularly
- Meeting personal and team sales goals and objectives
- Coordinating with sales manager and farm managers on customer requests
- Participation in sales and production meetings
- Training of other sales representatives
- Specific project management as assigned
- At least 2 years of field sales experience
- Interested in and passionate about high quality food, customer service and Blue Moon’s mission
- Consciously promoting a positive attitude
- Stimulated and excited at the prospect of joining a business in a period of growth and expansion
- Devoted team member who takes pride in the success of the farm
- Highly organized
- Of a problem-solving mindset
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Self-directed worker
- Of a competitive nature
- Positive, professional, and big picture attitude
- High energy, enthusiasm, and excellent customer service skills
- Highly persuasive, self-disciplined, and honest
- Able to:
- remain professional and effective in stressful situations
- handle multiple tasks at once
- problem solve with customers and farm staff
- manage time and responsibilities efficiently
- fill orders quickly and accurately
- provide their own transportation
- provide valid driver’s license and insurance
- In possession of basic working knowledge of Windows, MS Word, Outlook
- Living within 30 minutes of the farm
Benefits and Compensation
- Blue Moon offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, employer contribution to a simple IRA account, paid time off and holiday vacation
Pennington, NJ location:Blue Moon Acres is seeking a full-time farm worker at our Pennington, NJ farm.
This position offers experience with small scale, diversified, organic farming and the opportunity to develop skills in greenhouse production, season extension, pest and weed management, planting, and harvesting. We are seeking positive-thinking, hardworking, eager to learn applicants who can work at a fast pace. We start the season in growing baby head lettuces and move into full field production in May. A typical day on the farm includes harvesting, washing, packing, and ensuring top quality product for our restaurant and gourmet food store customers.
- Most important is an ability to commit to a full season on the farm starting immediately and through Thanksgiving
- Starting wage: $13.15/hr. with ability to earn raises commensurate with performance
- Hours: 5 day workweek averaging 40-50 hrs./wk. depending on workload
- There is the ability to take home some farm produce in line with ample production levels
- For employees that show potential for year-round work on our farms, we offer benefits such as healthcare, simple IRA, vacation pay and sick days.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- harvesting and packing of veg crops to assure a quality end product
- seeding and planting transplants
- washing and packing baby leaf salad greens
- packing and checking customer orders for accuracy
- high tunnel work and possible greenhouse work
- capable employees will be trained on operating farm equipment
We are seeking dedicated, self-motivated individuals with an interest in organic food production. Must be tolerant of working in all weather conditions, punctual, able to work well with others and be open to learning new farming methods. Must be able to work physically, at a fast pace and able to lift #50. Must possess a strong work ethic and attention to efficiency.
Buckingham, PA location: Blue Moon Acres is seeking a part-time or full-time year-round farm worker at our Buckingham, PA farm.
The position is responsible for, but not limited to product harvesting, greenhouse upkeep, order packaging, and general farm chores.
Must live within 30 minutes of Buckingham, PA. Must be friendly, personable, and able to work in a team setting, possess good attention to detail, multi-task and follow instruction, and be physically fit as the job is fast-paced and physically demanding. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work in all weather conditions and be punctual, as lateness and absenteeism is not tolerated. Minimum job commitment of 8-12 months