Interested In Working For Blue Moon Acres?
Buckingham, PA location: Blue Moon Acres is seeking a full-time customer service and field sales position to service our wholesale restaurant and store accounts.
- Contacting customers and facilitating orders on a twice weekly basis using custom order entry program and Quickbooks software
- Visiting prospective customers (mainly restaurants and food markets) in NYC, DC, Philadelphia
- Handling incoming phone calls, walk-in visitors, relaying messages, and providing general farm information to all callers and visitors
- Handling donation requests
- Event organization
- Facilitate new customer setup
- General office duties: filing invoices, replenishing product guides and other marketing materials
- Edit marketing materials to reflect current product availability and/or work with graphic designer to complete
- Additional projects/duties as assigned
Previous customer service experience is preferred. Experience with InDesign and Photoshop are a plus. This position may work from our Pennington, NJ location beginning in early 2017.
Benefits and Compensation
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical insurance, a simple IRA with company contribution, free produce to take home and enjoy, and the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing and unique company.
If you have retail experience and a passion for locally produced organic food, this position may be for you! We are seeking a service-oriented person to work part-time in our farm store and at our stand in the Stockton Farmers Market, located on Bridge St. in Stockton, NJ. Please explore our website to learn more about our retail markets.
- Greeting and engaging customers
- Sharing food knowledge with the customers (suggesting uses of vegetables- recommending recipes etc.)
- Operating both markets’ Point of Sale systems to process sales
- Cash handling
- Set-up and break-down of produce displays (labor intensive, heavy lifting)
- Merchandising & maintaining produce for constant quality
- Setting up the daily food sampling
- Helping to track inventory
- Following daily procedures and checklists, maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- At least 1 year of experience in customer service, preferably in a retail market setting
- Passion for good food and cooking
- Comfort with learning new technology
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and comfort some outdoor work
- Live within 30 minutes of the two markets
Benefits and Competition
- $10/hr to start. After 3 month review, pay increase possible, commensurate with experience.
- 20% off in our farm markets
The work schedule will start at 15-25 hours per week. Potential for full time in Spring/Summer season. Weekend availability is mandatory. Start immediately.
Pennington, NJ location:Blue Moon Acres is seeking a full-time farm worker at our Pennington, NJ farm.
This position offers experience with small scale, diversified, organic farming and the opportunity to develop skills in greenhouse production, season extension, pest and weed management, planting, and harvesting. We are seeking positive-thinking, hardworking, eager to learn applicants who can work at a fast pace. We start the season in growing baby head lettuces and move into full field production in May. A typical day on the farm includes harvesting, washing, packing, and ensuring top quality product for our restaurant and gourmet food store customers.
- Most important is an ability to commit to a full season on the farm starting immediately and through Thanksgiving
- Starting wage: $9/hr. with ability to earn raises commensurate with performance
- Hours: 5 day workweek averaging 40-50 hrs./wk. depending on workload
- Applicants must live within 30 minutes of the farm and possess a valid driver’s license
- There is the ability to take home some farm produce in line with ample production levels
- For employees that show potential for year-round work on our farms, we offer benefits such as healthcare, simple IRA, vacation pay and sick days.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- harvesting and packing of veg crops to assure a quality end product
- seeding and planting transplants
- washing and packing baby leaf salad greens
- packing and checking customer orders for accuracy
- high tunnel work and possible greenhouse work
- capable employees will be trained on operating farm equipment
We are seeking dedicated, self-motivated individuals with an interest in organic food production. Must be tolerant of working in all weather conditions, punctual, able to work well with others and be open to learning new farming methods. Must be able to work physically, at a fast pace and able to lift #50. Must possess a strong work ethic and attention to efficiency.
Buckingham, PA location: Blue Moon Acres is seeking a part-time or full-time year-round farm worker at our Buckingham, PA farm.
The position is responsible for, but not limited to product harvesting, greenhouse upkeep, order packaging, and general farm chores.
Must live within 30 minutes of Buckingham, PA. Must be friendly, personable, and able to work in a team setting, possess good attention to detail, multi-task and follow instruction, and be physically fit as the job is fast-paced and physically demanding. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work in all weather conditions and be punctual, as lateness and absenteeism is not tolerated. Minimum job commitment of 8-12 months