Interested In Working For Blue Moon Acres?
Stockton,NJ, Pennington, NJ, and New Hope, PA locations: Blue Moon Acres is seeking a motivated Farm Market Sales Associate. The position requires one to be responsible for customer sales, returns, product information and general store maintenance at our onsite store in Pennington as well as at our external market location in the Stockton Farmers Market.
Responsibilities: Farm Market Sales Associates are expected to assist with all general store operations at our Pennington and Stockton locations. These include proficiency with running customer transactions, returns, and basic sales tasks using our point of sale system as well as market opening and closing procedures. Sales associates will also assist with weekly inventories, produce maintenance, product merchandising and always provide strong customer service and produce knowledge.
- Knowledge and Passion for Organic Produce
- Strong Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate product information and interact with customers
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to be self-motivated
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Previous retail or farm experience is preferred but not required
- Weekend availability is required
- Ability to work at our locations in Pennington,NJ, Stockton, NJ, and New Hope, PA is required
Benefits and Compensation
- $10/hr. to start
- 20% off in our farm markets
- 50% off of our rice
Buckingham, PA location: Blue Moon Acres is seeking a full-time customer service and field sales position to service our wholesale restaurant and store accounts.
- Contacting customers and facilitating orders on a twice weekly basis using custom order entry program and Quickbooks software
- Visiting prospective customers (mainly restaurants and food markets) in NYC, DC, Philadelphia
- Handling incoming phone calls, walk-in visitors, relaying messages, and providing general farm information to all callers and visitors
- Handling donation requests
- Event organization
- Facilitate new customer setup
- General office duties: filing invoices, replenishing product guides and other marketing materials
- Edit marketing materials to reflect current product availability and/or work with graphic designer to complete
- Additional projects/duties as assigned
Previous customer service experience is preferred. Experience with InDesign and Photoshop are a plus. This position may work from our Pennington, NJ location beginning in early 2017.
Benefits and Compensation
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical insurance, a simple IRA with company contribution, free produce to take home and enjoy, and the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing and unique company.
Pennington, NJ location:Blue Moon Acres is seeking a full-time farm worker at our Pennington, NJ farm.
This position offers experience with small scale, diversified, organic farming and the opportunity to develop skills in greenhouse production, season extension, pest and weed management, planting, and harvesting. We are seeking positive-thinking, hardworking, eager to learn applicants who can work at a fast pace. We start the season in growing baby head lettuces and move into full field production in May. A typical day on the farm includes harvesting, washing, packing, and ensuring top quality product for our restaurant and gourmet food store customers.
- Most important is an ability to commit to a full season on the farm starting immediately and through Thanksgiving
- Starting wage: $9/hr. with ability to earn raises commensurate with performance
- Hours: 5 day workweek averaging 40-50 hrs./wk. depending on workload
- Applicants must live within 30 minutes of the farm and possess a valid driver’s license
- There is the ability to take home some farm produce in line with ample production levels
- For employees that show potential for year-round work on our farms, we offer benefits such as healthcare, simple IRA, vacation pay and sick days.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- harvesting and packing of veg crops to assure a quality end product
- seeding and planting transplants
- washing and packing baby leaf salad greens
- packing and checking customer orders for accuracy
- high tunnel work and possible greenhouse work
- capable employees will be trained on operating farm equipment
We are seeking dedicated, self-motivated individuals with an interest in organic food production. Must be tolerant of working in all weather conditions, punctual, able to work well with others and be open to learning new farming methods. Must be able to work physically, at a fast pace and able to lift #50. Must possess a strong work ethic and attention to efficiency.
Buckingham, PA location: Blue Moon Acres is seeking a part-time or full-time year-round farm worker at our Buckingham, PA farm.
The position is responsible for, but not limited to product harvesting, greenhouse upkeep, order packaging, and general farm chores.
Must live within 30 minutes of Buckingham, PA. Must be friendly, personable, and able to work in a team setting, possess good attention to detail, multi-task and follow instruction, and be physically fit as the job is fast-paced and physically demanding. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work in all weather conditions and be punctual, as lateness and absenteeism is not tolerated. Minimum job commitment of 8-12 months